Opportunities in funeral care
The nature of jobs in funeral care means some days can be very emotional. But a career in this industry is incredibly fulfilling. You’re there to support people during the most difficult times of their lives. It’s a responsibility you can be proud of.
Values & attributes
Depending on the role, you don’t always need qualifications or previous work experience in the industry to get a job in funeral services. What’s really important is having the right values, behaviours and attitudes to work effectively with people who need care and support.
Here are some examples of the values and behaviours you might need to work in funeral services.
- A genuine desire to help people at a difficult time in their lives
- A professional and caring approach to client/customer service
- The ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with high attention to detail
- The ability to treat people with dignity and respect at all times
- A good team player
Types of potential roles
Roles available within the funeral care industry include:
- Funeral operative (including driving)
- Funeral arranger
- Care logistics lead
- Funeral director